Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Featured

Mitsubishi Chemic Tensei AV Blue Shaft

The Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Blue shaft has a mid-launch contour that offers shine feel with Tour-caliber performance. The Aluminum Vapor (AV) Coated Cobweb in the butt department of the shaft, along with lower torque than the original Tensei CK series, provides more stability for straighter drives no affair how hard you lot swing.  Have no fear though, you don't demand to swing hard to hit bombs with the Tensei AV Blue thanks to the tight, thin "AV Weave" of the fibers which meliorate the energy transfer between your lodge and the brawl.  But enough technical jargon, let's get into the review.

Tensei AV Blue 10

The Looks

The Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blueish follows the same design scheme every bit the residuum of the Tensei lineup.  They all feature the carbon cobweb top section of the shaft with a colored shaft band around the mid section to announce the shaft model.  The rest of the shaft has a straight-forward gloss black cease with the white Tensei graphics in the middle of the shaft. Simple, but with plenty design detail to stand out.  It's not going to necessarily snap whatsoever heads out at that place, but you'll definitely exist able to tell it'south a Tensei at first glance.

Feel 5

How Does information technology Experience?

I immediately noticed that the Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Blue definitely seemed to take more "whip" to it.  To be very clear, the AV Blue is Not a soft noodle by any means.  The best mode to describe it is I can really feel the shaft load at the top of my swing and release during my downswing.  Information technology really felt like the club caput was accelerating and "exploding" through the brawl. The Tensei Blue AV has a softer middle section, thus that feeling of more than "whip" in the shaft.  Along with this added "whip," the club caput still felt stable and square through the hitting zone.  This is achieved through a stiffer barrel and tip section.

On that stability annotation, if you opt for the much lighter 55 gram version of the shaft (the lightest pick in the Tensei Blue AV), it volition besides characteristic the Directly Flying Weighting (SFW) arrangement, which helps the club head plough over easier at bear upon, minimizing a slice or promoting a describe.

Like to the Tensei White, the feel was 1 of my favorite parts nigh the AV Blueish.  While the experience was very different than the CK Pro White, information technology still feels extremely smoothen.  There was absolutely no "boardy" feeling to this shaft, nor did I always feel out of control.  It was the Goldilocks of the bunch – but right.  I'm actually starting to recollect MCA Golf is onto something with the experience in the Tensei series.

Tensei AV Blue 1

On-Course Performance

Social club Speed Ball Speed Launch Angle Spin Comport (Yds) Total (Yds)
113.0 169.v 15.1º 2824 275.4 293

As a reminder, the Mitsubishi Tensei Bluish is designed to be a mid-launching shaft that has a mid-to-depression spin rate.  My testing results proved that information technology was pretty close to merely that.  Every bit a loftier-ball hitter off the tee, I plant it launched the ball at an above boilerplate launch bending for me.  In regards to spin, I constitute my spin rate to be in a very acceptable range. The ball wasn't ballooning on me, and was actually surprisingly lower than expected, specially with my launch bending.

Distance-wise, again, the numbers were correct where I'd expect them to exist based on the launch and spin. My carry numbers were great, but due to the spin and launch angle, my rollout was lower than usual.  This isn't a bad thing by whatsoever ways, equally information technology made my tee shots more controlled and predictable.  Accurateness over length, so to speak.

Final Thoughts 2

Final Thoughts – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue

The Mitsubishi Tensei Blue shaft is going to give y'all smooth feel that actually loads and explodes through the ball with a little extra launch.  If you tin benefit from a mid-launch angle while keeping your spin nether control, it'southward definitely worth checking out the Tensei AV Blue.  Existence a depression/low driver shaft guy, I wasn't a perfect fit for the Tensei Blueish AV in my driver.  Fortunately, I institute the shaft to be an excellent fit in my 3 wood with its added launch and spin.  The Tensei AV Blue has really helped me get my 3 wood in the air more and has given me ameliorate acquit.  Since my testing, I've kept the Tensei Blueish AV in my purse and have no plans to alter anytime soon.